Summary: Light and summery with a decadent white chocolate flavor
- 6 tbsp (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- For strawberry cakes: 8 ounces strawberries, sliced
- For lemon cupcakes: 3 tsp grated lemon zest
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake tin with muffin liners, or grease an 8×8 cake pan.
- In a bowl, combine egg, egg yolk, buttermilk, vanilla, and 1/2 tsp lemon zest. Mix lightly.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Mix on medium speed until fully combined.
- Slowly add the buttermilk mixture to the butter and brown sugar, using an electric mixer to fully combine.
- With the electric mixer on low speed, gradually incorporate the flour mixture into the large bowl, adding it in thirds.
- Once completely combined, stir in white chocolate chips and either sliced strawberries or 3 tsp lemon zest (depending on which version you are creating).
- Fill muffin cups half-way full with the lovely batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cakes are golden brown and pass the toothpick test.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
My rating 5 stars: ★★★★★ 1 review(s)
Microformatting by hRecipe.