Super simple, such a crowd pleaser. Who could resist a
Reese’s Sonia’s Peanut Butter Cup?
If you don’t often bake, this recipe is so great to have up your sleeve. It requires no baking whatsoever, and impresses everyone, except perhaps someone who is allergic to peanuts.
On that note, don’t eat these if you have nut allergies.
Recipe: Sonia’s Peanut Butter Cups
Summary: Delightful. Perfect for that little afternoon pick-me-up or for when your house is flooded with your little brother and his friends. Adapted from Joy of Baking here.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Optional: 1/4 cup crunchy cereal (I used Chex)
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Line muffin cups with paper liners – you can use regular sized or miniature muffin cups
- Combine peanut butter, butter, and salt in a bowl and microwave for about 1 minute (just until soft, but not melted).
- Stir in the confectioners sugar.
- Stir in crushed cereal for a yummy crunch!
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate, milk chocolate, and oil in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Drop a teaspoon of the melted chocolate into each of the paper lined muffin cups.
- Top with a small teaspoon of peanut butter mixture. Then top with another teaspoon of melted chocolate, making sure to cover up the peanut butter center.
- Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: None!
Number of servings (yield): About 38 miniature cups, 18 regular cups
Microformatting by hRecipe.