You will not believe just how easy it is to make this delicious dessert. All you need are a few simple ingredients to wow your guests with something so beautiful and sooooo delicious!
Mama's Pineapple Trifle Recipe
- 1 package yellow/white cake mix OR angel food cake
- 2 cans of diced pineapple in pineapple juice
- 1 carton of your favorite vanilla ice cream
- 1 tub of cool whip
- Fresh fruit of your choice (I used strawberries, but my mom often uses peaches, apples, or cherries)
- Prepare the cake according to the package directions. Let it cool.
- Find an 8 by 8 square dish or a 9 inch round dish. A glass dish is preferable, because then you can show off your beautiful trifle layers.
- Cut the cake into large pieces. Put a layer of cake on the bottom of your serving dish. Pour pineapple juice from the can onto the cake so that it is evenly saturated.
- Top the layer with vanilla ice cream.
- Top the vanilla ice cream with chopped pineapple and other fruit of your choice.
- Add another layer of cake to the dish. Cover this layer with pineapple juice.
- Top with vanilla ice cream AND cool whip. Put more chopped pineapple and fruit.
- Repeat the layers until you reach the top of your dish. Decorate the top with fruit.
- Voila! A pineapple trifle. Yum.
The best part is, you have creative control with this dessert; you decide how you want to layer it, how much ice cream to cake ratio you prefer, what kind of fruit you want in it. The possibilities are endless!