It’s hump day, right in the middle of the week, when you need a little pick me up.
Chocolate chip cookies are my all-time favorite. A while back, I decided that I am going to try a new recipe every time I make these – so that one day I can become a chocolate chip cookie pro!
This is by far one of my favorite recipes yet! They are crisp on the outside and perfectly chewy in the middle.
I also think they were extra amazing because we ran out of chocolate chips – instead I chopped up big chunks of dark Pastille chocolate that my mom had sent me.
Jill: “So when you bake do you feel like a mommy? Or like yeaa! i’m a hot chic baking!!?”
Recipe: Crisp and Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Summary: Nice and crisp on the outside, beautifully chewy within. Adapted from Smitten Kitchen.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets or line them with parchment paper for an easy clean-up.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Gradually incorporate the sifted dry ingredients into the butter mixture until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Drop cookie dough onto your cookie sheet – 1/4 cup at a time (for giant cookies) or a tablespoon at a time (for smaller cookies). Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake larger cookies for 15 to 17 minutes, or 10 to 12 minutes for smaller ones. The baking times vary so be sure to check on your cookies every now and then. When the edges are brown and crispy, they are ready!
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
- Moong Dal and Indian Green Beans
- Big Gay Ice Cream