This dish just speaks LOVE.
I made this for my mom, the night she flew in to visit me in NYC. I hadn’t seen her in 3 months! I will never forget the two of us, sitting in my cozy New York apartment at 1am, laughing, telling stories, and bonding over my delicious pumpkin bread pudding.
Summary: Absolutely perfect for a fall dessert or weekend breakfast treat. Adapted from Smitten Kitchen.
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk creamer (you can also use whole milk or 1 cup heavy cream plus 1/2 cup whole milk, but I prefer the taste of soy milk)
- 3/4 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 tbs maple syrup (to taste)
- 2 large eggs plus 1 yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 5 cups cubed (1-inch) day-old delicious whole wheat bread
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Whisk together pumpkin, soy milk creamer, sugar, eggs, yolk, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, and bourbon in a bowl.
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- Toss bread cubes with melted butter in an ungreased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over bread cubes and bake until custard is set, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla yogurt, vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Microformatting by hRecipe.
- Sweet Adventures: Momofuku Milk Bar
- Halloween Monster Cupcakes