Start with simple, pure, loving ingredients, and then toast it a bit, and toast it a bit more, until the flavors come together in harmony.
Ingredients – these are basic guidelines. I put what I generally use in parentheses, but feel free to get creative!
- 2 cups whole rolled oats (TJs gluten free)
- ½ cup chopped nuts (sliced almonds and chopped walnuts)
- ½ cup seeds (raw pumpkin and sunflower)
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp Grade B maple syrup. (I use one from Trader Joes in the tall bottle which says it is from Quebec. It is really really delicious.)
- ½ cup dried fruit (golden raisins and cranberries)
- Mix everything except for the dried fruit in a bowl.
- Spread evenly on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 35 mins, stirring every 7-10 mins or so, until it is nicely toasted.
- Let it cool slightly, and then stir in dried fruit.
Enjoy with whole milk, almond milk, a top ice cream, by the handful, with your coffee. Yum.
I’d love to hear what recipes you come up with!
Happy toasting and crunching.