I love good quotes. Fortune cookies. Little notes from the Yogi tea tags. What a great way to put a smile on your face.
Last week I was cleaning out my room – I am one of those people who saves EVERYTHING. Just in case, you know, I need it later in life. Or so that I can show it to my children one day.
So amidst my first baby passport, basketball and softball and soccer team photos, high school love letters (from lovers and stalkers), my victory box full of all my smarty pants awards from back in the day, dental x-rays from a decade ago, I found DAYS of these quotes. I just sat for an hour on the floor reading all of them, each one making me smile and crack up and chuckle.
Roald Dahl says it best:
“IF YOU HAVE GOOD THOUGHTS IT WILL SHINE OUT OF YOUR FACE LIKE SUNBEAMS AND YOU WILL ALWAYS LOOK LOVELY.”
Just like these strawberries…
Summary: Chocolate + strawberries, the perfect pair. So simple yet so elegant. Sure to put a smile on your face!
- Fresh strawberries, washed and dried with stems on
- Trader Joe’s Pound Plus 72% Dark Chocolate
- Trader Joe’s Pound Plus Milk Chocolate
- A bit of vegetable oil
- Wash and dry your strawberries in a colander. Leave the stems on – makes them easier to eat.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate with a tablespoon of vegetable oil. The trick to not burning the chocolate is to stay with your chocolate until it melts. So give it some attention – keep stirring until it becomes silky and smooth.
- Dunk your berries into the dark chocolate. Place on a large baking sheet, covered with parchment paper or foil.
- Place baking sheet in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes of until the dark chocolate layer has hardened.
- While those are setting, melt the milk chocolate with 1 tbsp vegetable oil, using the double boiler method as before.
- Double dip your strawberries into the milk chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for about 15 more minutes, until the second milk chocolate layer has set.
I haven’t put any strict amounts on this recipe – it really depends on how many strawberries you are dipping! Just play it by ear.
Add chopped nuts or sprinkles for some decorations. Try substituting the milk chocolate for white chocolate.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
- Go Bananas
- Breaking the Bay.