Turmeric, what a wonderful spice you are!
It looks like…pixie dust or orange Floo powder.
Smells interesting, like mustard + earth + hot pepper + bitter.
Tastes amazing especially in Indian, Persian, and Thai dishes.
What else does it do?
It heals. My mom used to make me warm milk + honey + turmeric whenever I was catching a cold. I’ll admit, it’s an acquired taste, but a very popular Indian remedy for sickness. I make this concoction for myself every now and then, and it always does the trick.
IT MAKES YOU BEAUTIFUL. Turmeric smoothes out the skin like no other facial product I have ever tried. It has anti-aging, anti-inflammatory properties, that fight acne and improve skin tone. I’ve been using it for the past few months in my weekly, at-home facials and I really see a difference! Even if I look like an orange zombie when I put it on :D. Try it and tell me what you think.
Recipe: Turmeric and Honey Facial
Summary: Perfect for smoothing out the skin, brightening complexion, and exfoliation.
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Granulated or Raw sugar (optional)
- Rinse face with warm water. Pat dry.
- Warm honey in the microwave and mix in turmeric, so that you have a paste.
- Slather warmed turmeric and honey onto entire face.
- If you want to exfoliate, gently rub granulated or raw sugar in circular motions over your mask.
- Rinse after 15 minutes with warm water.
- Cleanse face with warm water and face wash to remove an excess turmeric.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Microformatting by hRecipe.
- Just the Crust
- Chanel & Birthdays